A twenty three years old male presented the
Pain in right lumbar region, sudden onset, violent agonizing pain
especially felt when he passes urine since 5 days
Concomitants: Dysuria, strangury; severe backache in LS region
and generalised weakness.
Had been Jaundice in 2005; recurrent episodes – onset after
History of Urinary Tract Infection and gastroenteritis.
Father and Mother are Hypertensive
Younger brother and sister – Tuberculosis
• Appetite: decreased (esp. after jaundice with recurrent
• Desire: Salt, cold drinks.
• Bowel habits: Unsatisfactory, unfinished sensation, 2
– 3 times in a day, soft stool.
• Perspiration: from back, non – offensive, cold palms
(Rt. > Lt.).
• Sleep – Normal
• Dream: NS.
Introvert, Disappointed love 4 years back – broken relationship
Patient is tall 5 ft 6”, well built, good looking with long
eyelashes, dark complexioned, glossy and thick nails.
1. Routine haemogram was found to be within normal range and urine
microscopic examination showed presence of RBC casts.
2. USG findings: Grade II hydronephrosis in right kidney with
dilated right ureter. A calculus of 8.2 mm seen in rt. Upper ureter.(Refer
SELECTION OF MEDICINE AND DISCUSSION:
The case is multimiasmatic with tubercular dominance.
The remedy should be of tubercular diathesis. With right sided
complaints predominance, History of f jaundice, characteristic
desire for salt, Right palm was colder than left and tubercular
base, the medicine selected was Lycopodium
Along with Lycopodium. HYDRANGEA Q was prescribed for speedy removal
of calculi to alleviate the pain .BOERICKE mentions in his Materia
Medica remedy for gravel, renal colic – acts on the ureter
– pain in lumbar region